GeekOut is Western North Carolina’s annual popular arts convention: a celebration of film, art, costuming, comics, and animation in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains—home of The Hunger Games!
The show draws fans from across the Southeast, and features multiple tracks of programming, panels, and gaming, celebrity guests, and an exhibition hall for vendors and artists.
GeekOut 2014 will be held June 7 and 8 at the Sherrill Convention Center at the UNCA campus, with official meet & greets, workshops, concerts, and parties beginning Friday, June 6, and continuing all weekend long.
This multi-genre popular arts convention features:
Special celebrity and industry guests
- Dedicated, weekend-long programming tracks on subjects such as puppetry, voiceover, technology, costuming, and more
- Workshops and demonstrations with experts from across the popular arts world
- Exhibitor hall, with vendors from near and far
- Artist Alley, featuring well-known and niche artists from many mediums
- Tabletop and RPG gaming
- Video gaming tournaments and open gaming
- Film and animation screenings
- Expert panels on popular subjects
- Legendary movie and TV cars
- Costumed characters (costumes encouraged!)
- Concerts, fight demonstrations, and live performances
- KidzCon, a complete track area specifically dedicated to activities for fans ages 5-11
- Geektastic: A Vaudeville Revue (18+ only)
The Sherrill Convention Center will open at 10 AM Saturday and Sunday, with programming running until 6 PM. Gaming at the Sherrill Center will begin at 6PM Friday, and at 9 AM Saturday and Sunday. Parking is free and plentiful!
GeekOut is managed and hosted by Multiverse, the fastest-growing association of fans in the Southeast. Multiverse hosts events year-round in western North Carolina in support of the geek community and local businesses associated with it.